how to care for your clogs
With the right care your funkis clogs and sandals can last you a lifetime. Here's how:
- Be careful with the wooden sole. The wood may chip if it is knocked into something.
- ANKLE STRAPS: Open the buckle when taking shoes on or off to prevent the nail from breaking and to assure the shape of the leather strap.
- If you want the natural coloured leather to be more resistant to moisture and dirt, you can treat the leather carefully with a small amount of olive oil or similar protection [we also recommend vaseline or a clear shoe polish]. This will also give the leather a darker tone and a great look. The natural coloured leather clogs may also be tanned in the sun to create the same effect.
- The unpainted wooden soles can also be treated with a small amount of olive oil or similar to make them more resistant to moisture and dirt and give them a nice look.
- The shoes will last longer if you re-sole them regularly. The rubber sole can easily be replaced at your local shoe repair shop. We strongly advise not to use the shoes without a rubber sole since the wood will wear down very quickly.
- Dirty shoes can be restored to their former glory by cleaning them carefully with fine sandpaper, and by treating the wood with a small amount of olive oil. Suede leather may be cleaned with a brush.
- Don’t make the strap to tight. The sandal is a loose fit and is not designed to be strapped tightly to your feet. Strapping them too hard may cause the strap to break.
about our shoes
funkis shoes are handmade and individual. That means that no pair is exactly alike. Our shoes have been hand-manufactured in the same way for over thirty years, using natural grained leather and sustainable plantation timber.
- The leather may seem hard in the beginning but will soften with wear. Due to the organic nature of the material, it vary in colour, texture and thickness.
- The natural coloured leather is completely untreated and very sensitive to moisture and dirt. The natural coloured leather WILL darken with time.
- The coloured leather can rub off on other items if it gets wet.
- Although the wood is hard and durable, it can be a fragile material if not treated right. Therefore the wood may chip if you should knock into something.
- There may be twigs in the wood and it may vary in colour.
- The colour on the wooden sole will wear off with time but can easily be re-painted.
- The funkis label on the sole may wear off. If this happens you can remove the glue with nail polish removal. Please contact us if you wish to replace the sticker.
All transactions are processed in AUD.
All purchases made within Australia and internationally are posted with Australia Post or TNT. Orders are dispatched within 2 business days and you should allow another 2 - 4 business days for domestic parcels to arrive and 7-10 business days for international parcels. If you have any questions or are wishing to track your parcel you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are out of stock at that time we will contact you via email as soon as we are notified of your payment.
Both international and domestic shipping is calculated at the checkout once your address details have been entered. The cost will be calculated depending on weight and destination. International and Domestic shipping is done through Australia Post or TNT. PLEASE NOTE: We do not send to PO BOX addresses. Both our postage services are signature on delivery services and you must be available to sign for your parcel upon its delivery. Please contact us before placing your order if you have any special requirements.
Funkis is happy to offer our customers an exchange or credit note. If you are wanting to exchange your purchase you must contact us within a week of receiving the goods at email@example.com. The item must be in original condition and the customer must cover postage costs. Please include in your return parcel a 3kg express postbag. If you are mailing back an item please include a note with your name and contact details and what you would like to do. Please direct all returns to the below address:
Funkis Online Store
202 Oxford Street
Padddington NSW 2021
We only refund for faulty items. If you believe your item to be faulty please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding returns please do not hesitate to contact us.
When purchasing from Funkis Swedish Forms Pty Ltd your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break and is the industry standard.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Collection of Information
In order to use the Funkis online store, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible.
All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, support and accounts, including Email.
Any information collected by funkis is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, Email, mail, fax or directly through our website.
Use of Collection Information
Any details collected from funkis customers is required in order to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service.
Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service references, and to assist in our staff development.
Storage of Collected Information
All financial details (e.g. credit card numbers, PayPal account information) are processed and stored by PayPal, Inc.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, Email, and postal address).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
Funkis uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as Emails, accounts information, and critical service details. If you like to go on our mailing please join us on face book or email us on email@example.com
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Links on the funkis site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.funkis.com